I'm sure there will be plenty of blog post about Thanksgiving memories or pictures of golden baked turkeys today.
But maybe more than blog topics you might even need some Thanksgiving conversation starters? Here's some ideas for blog post, or conversations.
• Family - Why our you and your siblings different. Here's some ideas from a unique news story from NPR this week: Siblings Share Genes, But Rarely Personalities.
• Sports - Some big college football rivalry games over the long weekend, including a struggling Texas vs a strong Texas A&M; Nebraska vs. Colorado (to Big 12 teams leaving the conference in opposite directions); Florida vs. Florida State; Mississippi vs. Mississippi State; Virginia vs. Virginia Tech; South Carlonia vs. Clemson; Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State.
• Food - Discuss your favorite "trendy cook" and which cookbook you'd adopt as your kitchen bible (Ina Garten: The Barefoot Contessa, Rachel Ray: EVOO-loving Quick & Easy Chef, Ree Drummond: The Pioneer Woman, Bobby Flay: Mr. Throwdown, or someone else)
• Politics - South Korea/North Korea: Is it time to be agressive or is this the last thing that the world's economy and political stamina can handle?
• Movies & Comics - Want to discuss the new preview for Green Lantern but don't know where to start, the m0vie blog presents a nice 101 course in all things Green Lantern.
• Shopping/Trends - Black Friday seem different this year - maybe earlier, maybe more spread out, maybe a little extra 3 am-ish? LA Times has a good article on the subject: Black Friday becoming a week of discounts and extended hours